Saturday, March 30, 2013

Impossible Dream

I have been itching to do a terrain project now for a while and I think I have come up with the perfect idea. I have been mulling it over for a bit and I think I'm going to try and build a fold able 4x4 city table for warmachine and hordes games. I want the buildings that will be on the city table to be magnetized, so I swap them out for destroyed versions but also so don't feel restricted on how many building their will be on the table.

I used the WM/H vassal program to make a design of what I would want the my board to look like after doing a rough sketch of the table layout. I really like the canal and railroad bridge. The canal is going to be shallow water so things with pathfinder will be fine and gives speedy units another option to get around sneakily. The rail line and bridge are going to be on a raised platform and you will be able to overlook allot of the board great place for ranged stuff but not to overpowering. All the main streets and builds will be wide enough for a gargossal or battle engine to move no problem and the side streets between the buildings with wide enough for three 30mm bases or one 40mm bases to fit. The buildings will be destroyable but I have to play around with the sizes and rules in the book first.   I really like this lay out doesn't feel too closed in but makes each player have to make serious tactical decisions.

This is going to be awesome
I am hoping to get this started soon have to take care of a few things with my car first. Hopefully I won't be bored this winter.

So wanted to go to adepticon...

No comments:

Post a Comment